VX Search provides a large number of customizable options allowing one to tune file search operations and the VX Search
GUI application for user-specific needs and requirements. In order to open the 'Options' dialog, select the 'Tools - Advanced Options' menu item.
- Show Main Toolbar - Use this option to enable/disable the toolbar in the main VX Search GUI application.
- Automatically Check For Product Updates - Use this option to enable automatic check for product updates. If this option is enabled, VX Search will check for new product updates on each start and display the 'Update' link in the bottom-right corner of the status bar when a new product version will be available.
- Disable Failed Periodic Commands - This option applicable to VX Search Server only and it may be used to disable failed periodic search operations.
- Show Error Messages in System Tray - Use this option to enable/disable display of error messages in the system tray status area when the VX Search GUI application is minimized to the system tray icon.
- Show Scanning Access Denied Errors - Use this option to enable/disable display of access denied errors issued when VX Search is unable to search files in a disk or directory due to insufficient permissions.
- Abort Operation On Critical Errors - By default, VX Search tries to process as many disks and directories as possible while logging errors in the process log. Select this option to abort search and file management operations on the first critical error.
- Enable Manual Product Registration - Use this option to enable/disable manual product registration.
- Process System Files - Use this option to enable/disable processing of protected system files and directories.
- Process Directory Links and Junctions - Use this option to enable/disable processing of directory links and junctions.
- Minimize To System Tray - Enable this option to minimize the VX Search GUI application to the system tray icon.
- Start Minimized - Enable this option to start the VX Search GUI application minimized to the system tray icon.